« Home | Louis Vuitton's » | Who is to say Lee Young-Ae is the Lee Young-Ae we ... » | Cast of Daejanggeum as they appear in Huh Jun » | Official of Kind Ms. Geum Ja » | Poster for LYA's movie » | Stills of Lee Young-Ae in 'Sympathy for Lady Venge... » | Dae Jang Geum Fan Club » | MALAYSIAN DJG FAN LIST » | Special DJG Telecast in M'sia » | DJG casts in Hongkong »

Words of DJG staffs about Young-Ae

From Leeyoungae.net

Lee Byeong-Hoon (producer)

Lee Young-Ae is a very intelligent actress. Intelligence was needed for materializing a professional woman, who succeeded in Chosun period at that, and luckily she was an actress who likes studying and reading books. At the beginning of the shoot, I had bought her the Novel Dongeuibogam (????). She read it soon and we had a serious discussion together. She is always well-prepared like that. She carefully analyzes her character and scenes, and acts them out by incorporating her own style. If I want a slightly different style of acting, I have to convince her with logic.

Ji Jin-Hee (actor)

Lee Young-Ae is so earnest and quiet when she's concentrating on acting that it's hard to even talk to her, but when she occasionally speaks, she's funny. Usually calm and quiet, she looks like 'the ideal mother and wife of Korea', but when it comes to work, she is a true professional. As you all know, now she naturally feels like Jang-Geum, even though in reality she's a totally different person. No matter what she does, I'm sure she will succeed if she works as she does now. I dearly hope that she will take some good rest when 'Daejanggeum' is over.

Park Jeong-Su (actress)

Briefly speaking, she's a good actress. What need I say more. She's well-behaved, hard-working, and has a strong sense of responsibility.

Jeon Se-Gye (extra as a royal medical staff)

I call her 'Chang-Geum sister'. I've worked beside her since she was a court lady until she became the female medical staff. I always feel that she is such a feminine and pretty actress. Her face simply shines even when she looks absent-minded. Other actors rarely talk to extras, but she always says hello and has conversation whenever she sees me. She is also a very smart actress. Sometimes the script comes out only an hour or two before the shooting, but when the shooting starts, she recites her long lines without much difficulty. She makes few mistakes, and she never gets annoyed or raises her voice when other actors keep making mistakes. For your information, Ji Sang-Ryeol, King's mother, and the Queen make mistakes most often.

Lee Eun-Ho (floor director)

I simply like Lee Young-Ae a lot. Even though she cannot relax for one day, she never looks tired and is always full of smiles.

Kim Young-Cheol (director of photography)

I worked with Lee Young-Ae for the first time through 'Daejanggeum'. I had the prejudice that she was only a pretty actress, but she's extremely enthusiastic. She keeps requesting 'once again', saying that she's not satisfied, even if director Lee Byeong-Hoon says okay. At first I didn't understand it, but when it was repeated, I was able to feel her genuine enthusiasm. From the photography director's point of view, she has an excellent face that is particularly suitable for cameras and lighting. She never loses her passion despite the crazy schedule. Usually there's a limit to the strengh of one's mind, but she is an exception when it comes to her profession. She is now born again as a true actress, instead of a pretty Tv commercial queen.

Kim Jun-Beom (floor director)

It's a reunion with Lee Young-Ae after a long time. I was surprised to see her as beautiful as before when I saw her while shooting TV commercials 10 years ago and 'Romance' of SBS in 1998. I was also surprised to see her as casually dressed as before even though she has now become way more popular than she was at that time. Lee Young-Ae is usually very quiet and calm. That's because of her shy personality, but it's also because she needs to save her stamina for shooting. Once we had to continue shooting for 30 hours, but she managed it without even slightly looking tired. It was people around her who felt sorry for her.

Kim Geun-Hong (assistant producer)

In short, Lee Young-Ae is 'the Oriental fairy'. Her eyes are not only clear and transparent, but have depth. That depth makes one feel the mystery of the Orient. Also, she is a smart actress. I don't like dealing with actors or actresses who are conceited and have shallow thoughts, but I like Lee Young-Ae because she is logical and rational. She is also sincere and responsible, so comfortable to work with. She's never late for shooting. She's always early, and calmly prepares for her part.

Park Ju-Yeon (floor director)

Before I worked with her, I assumed that she would be luxurious and extravagant like most other actresses. But in fact she is like any other ordinary person, and likes to joke. I think she is an actress whose natural attraction stands out the most. Her bare face without makeup is also very pretty, and her feminineness cannot be excelled by anyone. She likes to assign English nicknames to staffs. She used to call me 'Scarlett O'Hara'. She would jokingly say to me, "it feels as if I'm looking into a mirror. No, I take that back. You look better than me." One lighting staff was called 'Charles', and her coordinator was 'Cleopatra'. Recently she bought parkas for the entire staffs, which I'm wearing now.

Lee Jin-Geyong (costume staff)

The real Lee Young-Ae is very close to what you see on TV. Although she is a top star, she's kind-hearted and modest. She likes eating snacks between meals or at night, and she likes to eat together with staffs in a merry mood rather than by herself. Her favorite snacks are Ace Cracker, Corn Chip and rice crackers. I think it's the food that physically maintains her through such a tight shooting schedule. I was surprised to see her having meals with other staffs and throwing jokes at them at the cafeteria